How To Download Aadhaar Card?: Indian government on 28 January 2009 introduced the ‘Aadhaar’, a 12-digit unique number. This number represents the individuals as a resident of India and consists of their biometrics and demographic details. The data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) a statutory authority established in January 2009 by the government of India. This authority comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
The Aadhaar card is used as an ID proof in the most of the sectors of India. Such as to create a bank account, for the LPG connection, for issuing new SIM card, for transferring the subsidies, transfer payments and many other activities you need the Aadhaar card. In addition to this Aadhaar card is required for availing the online government facilities like for the digi locker, BHIM app etc. The Aadhaar registration is an online process or you can visit your nearest bank/ post office/ Aadhaar enrollment center for the registration. Similarly you can download the Aadhaar card from its official website.
How To Download Aadhaar Card?
Downloading Aadhaar card by your own is only possible when you have your mobile number registered with it or you must be using the mAdhaar app. If you have any one of them, then you can download the Aadhaar card by using 12- digit Aadhaar number or 28-digit enrollment ID or by using 16-digit VID or virtual ID.
UIDAI Aadhaar Card Download online
Here we will see the steps to download the Aadhaar card.
- STEP 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. www.uidai.gov.in
- STEP 2: Open the ‘Download Aadhaar’ link option under the ‘Aadhaar Enrollment’ option in the ‘Aadhaar online service’ division.
- STEP 3: The next window will ask you for your personal details. From the first options select the option whose number you have. Like if you know your Aadhaar Number then select the ‘Aadhaar’ option and similar for others.
- STEP 4: Enter any one of the Aadhaar number/ enrollment numbed/ VID a with respect to your selected option in STEP 3.
- STEP 5: Fill your full name, your residential pin code and the captcha image.
- STEP 6: If you are using the mAdhaar app then make a tick against the option ‘Yes, I have TOTP. Do not send me OTP’ it will send you the TOPT.
- STEP 7: If you are not using the mAdhaar app then click on the button ‘Request OPT’. It will send you the 6 digits one time password in your registered mobile number.
- STEP 8: Fill you received OTP in ‘Enter OTP’ text box.
- STEP 9: click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option.
- STEP 10: Your Aadhaar card will be downloaded in the PDF format. To open, you must have Adobe Acrobat application or any other PDF reader app.
- STEP 11: When you will open the PDF file it will ask you for the password. Enter the password to open the PDF file by using the first four letters of your name and “Year of Birth” in CAPITALS. Like if the name is ‘Manpreet Singh’ and the year of birth is ‘2000’, then your password will be ‘MANP2000’.
- STEP 12: Now you can make its hard copy or you can put it in you smartphone for the future use.
Aadhaar Card Download by Aadhaar Number
Simply following these steps will help you to download your e-Aadhaar card. The only requirements are you must have register mobile number with UIDAI and the OTP received on that number. Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth.